These materials are available for nonprofit educational use. This repository is allowed by copyright disclaimer under title 17, Appendix E, section 107 of the United States Copyright Act. Under this statute, allowance is made for “fair use” for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. As defined, fair use specifically applies to this repository.
Serotonin signalling is involved with some aspects of heart valve fibrosis, liver fibrosis, mediastinal and retroperitoneal fibrosis. It is also affected by some antidepressants.
- Dees C, Akhmetshina A, Zerr P, Reich N, Palumbo K, Horn A, et al. Platelet-derived serotonin links vascular disease and tissue fibrosis. J Exp Med 2011;208:961–72. (PDF)
- Macaulay D, Ivanova J, Birnbaum H, Sorg R, Skodny P. Direct and indirect costs associated with Dupuytren’s contracture . J Med Econ 2012; 15 :71–664. (PDF)
- Mann D a., Oakley F. Serotonin paracrine signaling in tissue fibrosis. Biochim Biophys Acta – Mol Basis Dis 2013;1832:905–10. (PDF)
- Ruddell RG, Oakley F, Hussain Z, Yeung I, Bryan-Lluka LJ, Ramm G a, et al. A role for serotonin (5-HT) in hepatic stellate cell function and liver fibrosis. Am J Pathol 2006;169:861–76. (PDF)
- de Almeida Prado PS, Soares MF, Lima FO, Schor N, Teixeira VPC. Amitriptyline aggravates the fibrosis process in a rat model of infravesical obstruction. Int J Exp Pathol 2012;93:218–24. (PDF)