These materials are available for nonprofit educational use. This repository is allowed by copyright disclaimer under title 17, Appendix E, section 107 of the United States Copyright Act. Under this statute, allowance is made for “fair use” for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. As defined, fair use specifically applies to this repository.
As with other chronic slowly progressive diseases, the natural history of Dupuytren disease is difficult to analyze with self-reported data.
- Gupta N, Jürges H. Social Science & Medicine Do workers underreport morbidity ? The accuracy of self-reports of chronic conditions. 2012;75. doi:10.1016/j.socscimed.2012.07.013 (PDF)
- Koller KR, Wilson AS, Asay ED, Metzger JS, Neal DE. Agreement Between Self-Report and Medical Record Prevalence of 16 Chronic Conditions in the Alaska EARTH Study. 2015. doi:10.1177/2150131913517902 (PDF)
- Kriegsman DMW, Perminx BWH, Eijk JM, Boeke AJP, Deeg DJH. Self-Reports and General Practitioner Information on the Presence of Chronic Diseases in Community Dwelling Elderly. 1996;49(12):1407-1417. (PDF)
- Leikauf J, Federman AD. Comparisons of Self-Reported and Chart-Identified Chronic Diseases in Inner-City Seniors. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2009;57(7):1219-1225. doi:10.1111/j.1532-5415.2009.02313.x (PDF)
- Oksanen T, Kivimaki M, Pentti J, Virtanen M, Klaukka T, Vahtera J. Self-report as an indicator of incident disease. Ann Epidemiol. 2010;20(7):547-54. (PDF)
- Paksarian D, Cui L, Angst J, Ajdacic-Gross V, Rössler W, Merikangas KR. Stability and change in reported age of onset of depression, back pain, and smoking over 29 years in a prospective cohort study. J Psychiatr Res. 2017;88:105-112. doi:10.1016/j.jpsychires.2017.01.005 (PDF)
- Scholle SH, Pawlson LG, Solberg LI, et al. Measuring Practice Systems for Chronic Illness Care: Accuracy of Self-Reports from Clinical Personnel. Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf. 2008;34(7):407-416. doi:10.1016/S1553-7250(08)34051-3 (PDF)